Storage shed destroyed by fire

0

Update:

A storage shed was destroyed by fire Sunday night on Apollo Drive in Stanton.

Sullivan Fire Department was called to 475 Apollo Drive at 6:58 p.m. to a reported structure fire.

According to Sullivan Fire Chief Eric Lewis, firefighters responding to Sullivan could see a large column of black smoke to the east near Stanton from eastbound I-44 and upon arrival located a shed with a burning cargo trailer.

“Once our crew responded and saw visible smoke from Flying J, truck stop, they called for a first alarm structure fire,” Chief Lewis said. “They arrived at the scene and determined it was a small shed with a cargo trailer and a nearby house affected by heat from the shed fire. Firefighter Jacob Dace determined the crews could handle the fire and ignored some of the incoming units. They were able to quickly bring the fire under control; however, some of the house’s siding was damaged by the heat and the cargo trailer was also damaged. »

Firefighters used their main water line to fix the shed fire, then worked to cool the siding of the house and cargo trailer with a branch line. The cargo trailer and shed contained vintage collectibles and vintage collectible fireworks inside at the time of the fire.

“The cause of the fire appears to be unintentional, and we cannot rule out that electrical issues had nothing to do with the fire,” Chief Lewis said.

Lewis explained that a power strip had three items plugged in that could have contributed to the fire.

Neither the owners nor the firefighters on site were injured.

Sullivan was assisted by Missouri Baptist Ambulance and Bourbon Fire.

Earlier:

Sullivan Fire responded to a fireworks storage building in Stanton that was on fire Sunday night.

The fire occurred at Apollo Fireworks Factory.

According to an unofficial report, the building was “well involved” in the fire.

The Independent News will have more details as they become available.

Share.

Comments are closed.